Your brand is your strength, says Sydney-based ‘Human Brand Futurist’, Scarlett Vespa.
Scarlett, or ‘Mrs V’ as she’s known, is a speaker and presenter who helps executives, leaders and entrepreneurs build the best version of themselves.
Scarlett believes our own humanity is the key to a successful tomorrow and sustainable future.
Finding your brand is finding the essence of who you are that gives you your strength and protection, she says.
In this wide-ranging interview, Scarlett discusses:
- The importance of laying the foundations of your personal brand: you can’t step forward until you have clarity around the essence of who you are and what you stand for.
- How the obstacles that hold us back can in fact be a “cherished gift, in fact it’s something where our gold is most of the time laid”.
- Trust and values is all the currency that there is in the future.
- How AI and automation will replace many jobs in the future.
- Future-proofing your career by unlocking the value you bring to the table: what is your unique skill-set?
- The importance of employees being able to showcase innovation, creativity, management – “anything on that side of the equation”.
- For entrepreneurs building their personal brand, focus on showcasing how you’re trustworthy, that you understand what’s going on in this new world … that you’re adaptable.
“We’re going to have to find security in a different way and I believe it is really again about trust, it’s about trusting that you will be okay … that you believe in yourself,” says Scarlett.
CONNECT WITH SCARLETT: